Friday, June 20, 1975

1975

1975
Engaged!  Ken and I even went to a photographer and had professional photos made to put on our invitations.  This is the one we chose.

 I believe this was Ken's Mom and Dad's 25th anniversary party.  I'm wearing a dress I made for the occasion.

We had friends with a boat.  So we got to go out boating quite a bit.  Made me realize I don't want a boat.  They are a lot of work.  After you're done riding around, you even have to wash them off.
 game time


May 18----Ken took me to a concert.  I've never been to one before (and haven't been to many since) but it was a good one---The Beach Boy and Chicago!

June 20th----our wedding day!






Other than the zipper breaking on my dress before the ceremony, all went pretty well.  Fortunately the florist was able to get it back on track and pin it all while my matron of honor (sister) laughed hysterically. 

Our Honeymoon

We drove to Colorado for a week or so of running around some of my old stomping grounds.  I lived in Colorado Springs for about 3 years while Dad was stationed in Cheyenne Mountain. 
 So we hit areas down there,  like Manitoa Springs where we took the incline railroad to the top.
 Also checked out the Cliff Dwellings in the Southern part of the state.
 Went horse back riding by Garden of the Gods.










 drove up to Pikes Peak
 played in the snow

 

  apparently the truck didn't care for the high altitudes!

 





 We even camped up near Estes park.




 Checked out the Royal Gorge

 and just soaked in the views from the mountains.

 Even found a cave or 2 to check out.  Went to 7 Falls, but didn't have a camera good enough to get any half way decent pictures.
 Ken even let me drive a little

 




 more fun in the snow

 that's a little bit of snow



 found a few cold mountain lakes to admire.
 and even found a few flowers.
 have no recollection of this, but there's a picture of it, so we must have done it!

 Then we headed back to Missouri and had part 2 of our honeymoon---canoe trip in Southern Missouri.
 Even caught a few fish

 From snow to canoeing in a bikini.

 



The good old days---when we use to go on Canoe trips

And back at home---

We have a puppy now---PeteyDog

 Ken and Petey playing with race cars.


 


1975 at forest park

1975 at forest park

1975 at forest park

1975 me with wig





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oregon----1980-1993

  1980 When the St. Louis summer got exceptionally hot, I said it's time to head to Oregon!  So we did! This was probably the trip when ...